Thursday, June 3, 2010

Years ago when I was pregnant with my first son, who will turn 35 this month, I met a woman who was in her mid 80s, had been a tennis champ and at this point, 1975, looked truly very old and worn out, over weight, wrinkled, white hair, etc. She was a wonderful woman who lived in a big house in Old Greenwhich, Ct. and had one of the most incredible music boxes I have ever seen. little bees striking the notes! I still remember her name, though I will not tell you that now for matters of privacy. Anyway, she told me that even though she was in her 80s she still felt she was 18! She would look in the mirror and be surprised every time. Do I feel that way? Well, not 18 but somewhere in my 30s or 40s and I too can be quite surprised when I see the woman in the mirror with the wrinkles looking back me. Yet on the other hand, I think of Bob Dylan's song "Forever Young".

No comments:

Post a Comment